Thursday, August 28, 2008

CHP ~ Day 29

Today was a rough day for me mentally! I've been re-working our budget since Drew gets his first full sized paycheck on tomorrow! FINALLY!...Oye, I'm really stressed. So, that has put me into a 'delightful' mood -- and this has pretty much consumed my day. It's rough when we have been "holding on" for 2 months just BARELY skimming the surface of the bills, and hardly being able to buy food or gas...So, hopefully (and I'm praying) that this check is a decent size and it goes through immediately and there are no holds.

I'm just happy Drew comes home tomorrow and we can spend some time together. We received anniversary cards from my mom, Sherri, and Grandma Mac today, and we got $150 between them! So, that's helpful with being able to do something fun for our anniversary this weekend.
Drew had an eventful day! He was in his PMA (Physical Methods of Arrest) class and they were practicing using your batton. Well, they tell you that you are supposed to fight for your life and think properly (even pretend to pull a gun) as if you were in a fight with a suspect on the road. HA! Well, Drew heard that advice...the instructor punched Drew in the jaw as soon as he came at him...so Drew was trying to wrestle with him, and eventually decided he couldn't with his batton. So, while protecting his gun side, he tossed his batton away and got the instructor into a headlock!!! AND HE TAPPED OUT!!! Awesome! And he got props for it...talk about your confidence booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment