Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CHP ~ Day 27

I went to RHOP again this morning...but today I went to the "STAFF Set", so I kinda felt out of place like I was intruding on a staff meeting! but it is the House of Prayer, and people are free to come and go as led, so I just tried to mentally move past it :D
Pastor Francis was there and was describing three situations of Christian leaders falling into sin, and causing major termoil in their communities.

• A missionary who was traveling into the country and speaking: accused of molesting a thirteen year old girl on the plane!
• A Pastor: in (I believe) an unfaithful marriage and going through a split...
• An inspirational music artist, with a powerful song: admits that the cancer he's been battling (which led him to writing the song, and has led people to donating money to him) is a farse...he made the whole thing up! Separate bank account, going on stage with a breathing tube...all of it a lie!

Rightly so, Pastor Francis is greatly troubled by this...as was everyone in the room he was telling. And the time became a time of intercession and prayer for the leaders; for these men and their families, for our church leaders, for the spiritual leaders in our country who are battling against evil. And we then moved into a time of reconciliation, that everyone is struggling with SOMETHING, and that those items (especially for the leaders) need to be brought to the table, there need to be NO skeletons in the closet and other believers need to strengthen and encourage eachother.
SIDE NOTE: This is something that I believe is SO important for our leaders. My pastor is an amazing man of God. God's love has poured over his cup, and overflows on EVERYONE around him. And he does the above action. He isn't just open about sharing his life when asked, because he is reconciled through Christ. NO! He brings up the things of his past almost EVERY Sunday, so that no one is unaware. He is honest, open, and broken about everything...and THAT is why everyone respects and loves him, and why I (though I'm shy and do not know him) would feel comfortable about talking to him about anything!
So! Anywho, one of the most widespread issues seemed to be depression. So, they asked anyone who had ever struggle with depression to stand...ALMOST THE ENTIRE ROOM WAS STANDING...well, if you don't know me that well, I do struggle with that from time to time. I am much better than I used to be, but for about three years (end of high school and through most of college) it was really bad. And it was so comforting that I am not alone! And that is usually how it feels when you're depressed...but now I know that I'm NOT the only one feeling the way I do -- and they are my CHURCH elders and staff feeling that way as well...well, we prayed over those around us and it was a Spirit filled blessed time.

I went over to the VanTassell's afterward, with Steph and Jill...we had Taco Bell and Jill and I hung out and watched a movie. (Amazing Grace! SO! good...) She gave me a pedicure...she is such a sweetheart with a servants heart. And we had dinner with the fam! Everyone but Steph was there...nice to be around people :D

Drew called me and his ankle is REALLY beginning to trouble him...and it's finally starting to swell, so he's icing it now. I'm praying that God would touch and heal it so that it no longer troubles him and he shows no weakness. He also had another issue today. They had a Cadet Enrichment seminar today, they were encouraging everyone to go out and do things on the weekends that would strengthen and encourage them, but would give them a break from being at the Academy. One of the things listed was to go to church. Well, heaven forbid anyone suggest doing such an appauling thing! Heh... His roommates were offended and angry that they said that, and began taking it out on Drew a little...they all help eachother in the evenings and Drew corrected a spelling word to one of them: "What the H#!!, was I talking to you?" WOW! Yikes...Thankfully, he did apologize later and say he was really tired. (Which they are all tired and hungry and HAVE to be grouchy). But, there's Drew's first signs of persecution...even there...

No comments:

Post a Comment