Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CHP ~ Day 23

Today I went to RHOP again. Today God was revealing more things to me and showing me verses that affirm this calling. The two very specific one would be:


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, and have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

"Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persever in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
I Timothy 4:11-16


The reason these two seemed so inspirational is because the first is a verse from my Junior High. Calvary Chapel Christian School's mascot was the Conquerer, and this verse is from that passage used by that school. Random? Maybe to some...but to me it was God revealing another "puzzle piece" and where it fits in. I have heard that verse so many times and we memorized it...to the point where the meaning is gone and each time you read it you just read it like a memory verse. Today I READ that verse for the first time, and it took different meaning -- I feel that I am being called to His purpose for my life...and Drew and I are currently braving the storm of finances during this transition, and it is the first time I haven't worked since my first year of college!

The second verse had alot of the same meaning. The second sentance in verse eleven is another common verse that many people have memorized...but again, I READ this verse for the first time today...and God was truly reassuring me in this verse. That I may be young, what I am doing may seem silly or not make sense, and may not seem like the financially savvy thing to be doing at this stage of life. But to devote myself and not be discouraged. Also, the second portion is the reason for my starting this blog (and is at the bottom of every page of it)...To devote myself so that others can see what God is doing in my life! Not only to show people that I am growing in Him, but that He can do the same for anyone who trusts and seeks Him, and will reveal Himself to them as well.

I was so excited, I wrote Drew a letter and included the verses to encourage him in what God is doing in my life and for us.

I picked Drew up tonight and we headed to In-N-Out, he needed that apparently!!! The lack of flavor and substantial foods at the Academy makes him eat like a horse when he gets away! It was nice to visit for a little while though. After eating, he wasn't ready to go back so we wandered for a while through the massive IKEA that is across the freeway from the Academy...it's HUGE!!! It was nice to walk around the store and feel like a normal couple though for a little while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment