Thursday, September 25, 2008

CHP ~ Day 49

Today, Matt called me to hang out :) my brother loves me. We ended up going to lunch with Drew and Jilly, I don't get to see Drew that often...so it was nice to have some time with them and visit.
Matt and I ran into an old family friend when we were leaving...Rick Solomon is a friend of my parents, and his family was one of the one that did all the couples Bible study camping trips with our family and others for YEARS...I don't think I've seen him in over 6-7 years myself. He didn't recognize Matt or I. We realized though, how tough the economy is and how hard finances are when someone you haven't seen in that long offers all the information he did. And it really makde Matt put the amount of work my dad has been able to get lately into perspective (Rick is an electrical contractor also), and it made me very gratefully that Drew got into the CHP Academy and we have that as a steady job instead of construction right now (no matter how much Drew may miss electrical). And it helped calm me, because I realized that everyne's struggling and most people are a little behind right now...I didn't feel so alone in that any more :)

I came back home and started the project that I attempted to start last night, before Drew called me and said he had liberty. I've been "filing" and attempting to organize all the CHP paperwork, and also organize any receipts and whatnot that are going to be tax write offs...I had a HORENDOUS time of figuring out my taxes last year because I hadn't separated those receipts. And, we are going to have a decent amount this year! All the money we have poured into the CHP thus far can be written off...which is really going to help.

Anywho, Drew sounded really good when he called this evening. He was fitted for his official Officer uniform tonight, EXCITING! And really strange that we are that far into the Academy! The senior cadets only have about 2 or 3 weeks left!!! then the newbees come in...time is going by reasonably fast, as a whole :) He also cleaned his gun today (and was very excited about it!) He is really enjoying range because it is so hands on...and that is definitely how his brain works! He also had that Spanish quiz today (not a major test yet) that he was concerned about, he says he has a good accent but has trouble understanding other people (since the language is spoken so fast) and he has a mental block at the moment trying to remember the words. But, he said he only missed 2 or 3 questions...so that's a blessing!!!
It sounds like tomorrow Drew only has two classes aside from PT in the morning...just four hours of his range class and then his accident investigation class. BUT! He'll be home tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment