Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CHP ~ Day 38

Drew had his liberty today, so I ran some errands this afternoon, and went to go pick him up. HA! I have had such a hard time (jokingly) from the Officers when I try to get through the gate :D Most often they just wave me through when they see my sign (rather, a big yellow piece of paper with Drew's info and our license plate # on it)...but there have been a few times- like today I was told that he was on restriction, and I could only pick him up if I fed him heaping amounts of gravy for dinner! I have been asked codes, I was kinda joked about whether I was allowed to come in once and then he laughed and asked how we were doing with the process...they're funny!!! I must be wearing a sign that says easy target!!!

Anywho, I brought Drew sub sandwiches from our favorite sandwich shop in Roseville...Lenny's SO GOOD! We drove over to old town Sacramento and sat on a picnic bench and ate, then walked over to an ice cream shop and got ice cream cones :) We wandered around for a while (it's weird how empty that place is in the middle of the week!) And he was ready to go back yet, so we headed over to IKEA and walked around there for a while (and he got a cinnamon roll and ANOTHER Mountain Dew), he broke his whole diet in this ONE evening of liberty!) But it was fun, it felt like a date, we were alone most of the time, which was nice because we usually end up in a noisy crowded restaurant.
He had a good day...the test score from his big vehicle code test on Monday was a 90%!!! WooHoo! And he found out he gets his gun next week and they start out on the range...Time Must Be Flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment