Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CHP ~ Day 47

Well, today was interesting...I slept at my parents house last night. I was awakened by a creditor...OYE! Discussed alot of that CRAP with my mom...and in the afternoon we cleared out my brothers room.

Very weird. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it that empty since we moved there (before he was born)...and I don't even remember what that looked like! We loaded his truck and my dad's truck up and drove his stuff into Roseville. His apartment is pretty nice...I'm really excited for him. But it was hard to see how hard it was for my mom to see the room empty, for my dad to wrap his mind around him leaving, and for my sister to see him move out and not herself. I hope this experience is really good for him, and he's able to grow into a responsible adult and more independant now that he's taken the plunge to be out on his own!!! Scary! :)

I came home this evening and cleaned the kitchen a little. Drew called me kinda late, I think he had a late class tonight. But he told me about his FOUR HOURS doing range today. He really enjoyed it, pretty grueling though. And it was apparently as warm there as it was here!!! GROSS!!! He did freak out at one point though, some guy fired before his arm was fully extended and scared everyone...(no worries, he didn't get anyone :) )...EXCITING STUFF!!!
But, Drew's excited, his name was on the list today to be in the "skid pan" class for EVOC tomorrow. It is the portion of the Emergency Vehicle Operations class that you have to slide the car over water and oil slicks. I've been concerned about this portion since the Academy started, and can't believe it's here already! The senior cadets lost the bulk of the "fired" from their class to that specific portion. You do have four attempts, and they all say that if you just lstn and do EXACTLY what the instructors say, you'll do just fine. But, they had trouble...so I've been concerned since we heard about it! I'm praying that the Lord would allow Drew to listen and act on whatever the EVOC instructors tell him, and that he would pass the first attempt. We shall see tomorrow.

Drew has liberty tomorrow night, however, unless he gets his bonus check tomorrow afternoon I'll most likely stay home and save the gas, and he'll study for the Spanish quiz he has on Thursday (which he is a little nervous about).

No comments:

Post a Comment