Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekend Eight...Moving Right Along...

Yeah! Drew's home for the weekend, finally...he got some more test scores back yesterday! He believes it was his final for the Crimes Against Children class, an 88%! WooHoo! And he got his range bag yesterday also...with his gun belt, etc in it! So, that means he gets his gun on probably Monday, and starts range either Tuesday or Wednesday!!! He's already at that point!!!
It's nice to have him home, I feel very heavy hearted right now...and I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's stress or the occassional meloncholy spurts I get once in a while...but it's nice to have him here.

We received some sad news today about a couple that is VERY near and dear to our hearts, and has had such an influence on us as we were dating and preparing to get married. They are struggling, and their situation has been on my mind and heart all morning and I feel so disturbed by it. I've been praying about it most of the morning, and wishing we lived closer to them so we could be there to love on and support them. God started showing me a few things that relate to this situation: one thing which I find is interesting- is that my cousin and I were talking about relationships and God spoke through her that I was supposed to pray for relationships (this was only TWO DAYS AGO), and the other is something that I heard a couple weeks ago- I believe I have an entry about it on Tuesday three weeks ago, that at RHOP our Pastor was discussing three Christian leaders who are currently in the midst of scandal and having issues with their relationships and their positions of leadership in His church. Pastor Francis was sharing that Satan is really actively moving right now , to seek, kill, and destroy God's church! And that leaders are being attacked and struggling in so many ways right now. After we all prayed that day, I realized how many leaders in our own church were struggling (with depression mostly), but still doubting themselves. Now we have news of people who are SO much closer to home to Drew and I, and SO dear to us...and they are going through a trial right now as well. All of this solidifying what Jill spoke to me on Thursday.

LORD, BLESS AND KEEP THESE FRIENDS! LORD, GUIDE AND PROTECT THIS FAMILY! KEEP THEM FROM HARM, SURROUND THEM WITH YOUR GUARDIAN ANGELS, AND KEEPT HEM FROM SATAN AND HIS ATTEMPTS TO DISTROY!

No comments:

Post a Comment