Thursday, September 18, 2008

CHP ~ Day 44

Oye, I finally just talked to Drew...10:45...fifteen minutes until lights out. I think it amounts to the hardest evening for me to get off the phone. I think he had a late class tonight, which means he probably wasn't done with his day until about 8:30ish, (I only talked to him for less than 5 minutes)...and he did all his written work, which it sounds like there was alot, in a classroom. I was starting to worry about him at about 9:30 so I called and left a message on his phone. And I called him at 10:45 for a last try and to say goodnight, and he thankfully had just gotten back to his room. However, he isn't done with his work, so he is going to work in the bathroom for a while, and then get up early and work on some more then. Which basically means he's going to get 2-3 hours of sleep tonight! He sounds tired, and a little overwhelmed, and they drilled alot today because there is a drill competition of some sort tomorrow.

PRAISE THE LORD HE COMES HOME TOMORROW!!! I'm so worried about him. About his exhaustion, and his hunger, and his stress, and the persecution from all sides. I'm praying HARD that tomorrow is a smooth day, and that his company is outstanding in the competition, and that Drew plays a part in that positively, and that he gets a restful 2-3 hours of sleep, and that God would fill his stomach, and that his work would get done efficiently and quickly. I kept asking him if he was ok, and it was a simple, ya don't worry about me...but I am...and apparently I'm OVERLY emotional from this week. I just started balling when we got off the phone. I feel emotionally and mentally stretched to my limit...beyond the extent of my malability...to my breaking point...I'm afraid I'm going to cry when I see him tomorrow...

All week long I've really felt like the weeks are actually feeling longer and getting harder as we get deeper into this process, for me as well as Drew. It's harder to get off the phone, it's harder to drop him off each time, it's harder to think about what he's gone through throughout the day...I know it's a necessary and temporary evil...and it's going to lead to amazing things, and I'm SO proud of him...but it's finally hitting me (took long enough).

LORD GIVE HIM PEACE, FILL HIM AND SURROUND HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment