Wednesday, March 11, 2009

...it's been a while...

I'm amazed at how long it's been since I've maintained this thing. I'm sure no one even bothers to check it anymore! My journaling energy, while Drew was going through the Academy, was redirected toward journaling TO Drew at the Academy. So I'll try to catch us up here...and leave alot of details out I'm sure.

Well apparently we were only about half way through the Academy when my logs trailed off the map. So much has happened since then! We've done alot of living in the last 5 months! Drew graduated the California Highway Patrol Academy on January 23rd, 2009 The month of January was very full, and we were so full from the support of our families and by God's provisions! I can't even begin to fit into words, how real and active the God we serve is! Christ Jesus is alive and moving and He has made Himself more clear to us through this huge "process" that we have been pushing through than I believe either of us have EVER experienced before! Through the perfect timing of necessary plans falling into place, to the financial provisions that He has made so clear is in control of, to His good and perfect timing of when and how to affirm Drew.

God is Good! All the Time!
Graduation was amazing, a very overwhelming experience of emotions and the most real feeling of "commencement" that I have ever felt. Drew and I both were so over-come by this feeling of the ending of something that was so strange and foreign, but had become our everyday life...to the beginning of a whole new life, new life-style, and a whole NEW strange and foreign thing! The support of my family at my parents house after graduation (thank you for everyone who came and supported my husband) was overwhelming. It was a feeling that I truely cannot express in words. I was so humbled also, my husband...this man I love...just worked for SIX MONTHS really without a break to conquer not only himself but the "newly-wed" rut we were in. And he did it for us, for me...how amazing that man of mine is, and how amazing that God saw fit to bless me with him. We got married and had fun, worked hard, and were getting no where...my husband was discouraged that he wasn't being the 'provider' he felt he should be. Now look at us! I'm not saying that we are sitting pretty, or that my closet is full of new clothes...FAR FROM IT! But, God has provided everything...He allowed me to lose my job just before the Academy-as catastrophic as that sounds, we wouldn't have made it through the Academy if I had been working!!! Now, finally an Officer, my husband is able to provide for us (even in the higher living expense bracket we are in now), and we are more comfortable than I remember being since we've been married. Praise the Lord!
The day after graduation, we packed up my dad's truck and trailer (breaking both of our parents and siblings bodies in the process), loaded that thing to the point of being a LOW RIDER...and left for Southern California the very next day. That's right, another "only God knew the plan" situation. We move to Rocklin to move potentially permanently, one month after getting up there Drew applies to the CHP, a year later he's living at the Academy in Sacramento (life would have been rough if I'd still been living in Murrieta), and six months later we are moving back down to Orange County! OYE!
Whew! Our house is becoming more like home, we are getting more and more used to being "locals" in a beach community (not that it took alot of adjusting). And my husband is still working his little bottom off for us. But again, thank you Lord for freeing up my schedule...it seems ridiculous that I am not getting a job right away, but for one thing- why push it if it's not necessary? And right now, it's not necessary. Plus, Drew is changing schedules every couple weeks...for a month he was gone from 11am to 12-1am...now for the next month he's gone from 6pm to 6-7am! If I worked, we would never see eachother, he would not sleep (he doesn't sleep well without me there particularly during the day) and our "days off" would most likely be very lonely ones! Thank you Lord, again!!!

Another PRAISE BE TO GOD, my husband feels 'comfortable' with himself, the career he's in, and the money he's making. This has helped his ego a bit I'd say! And he comes home, talks about his shift and says "I love my job!" Wow, breath of fresh air!

We are currently on graveyards, which is proving not as difficult as we thought, but in a couple weeks when he has six straight days, we'll see! Drew is on phase two of three during 'break-in' and time is flying!!! We've been here almost two months now. The Lord has blessed us abundantly with our living situation, with our LOCATION, with the office, with the FTO's (field training officers) Drew's had, and we are so humbled by what God has been showing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment