Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Loss of Job, Anticipating Academy

Well, today has been very difficult! I'm really on overload and don't know what to do. And yet I have this amazing calm and peace about it all.
Today there was so much going on, grandpa was going in for knee surgery, we got back two days ago from southern Cal, we didn't borrow money to get through the next month (as we had intended on doing), and we had a CHP Cadet orientation to go to in Sacramento tonight. Well, to add to it, I lost my job today! OYE! Ok, I really stressed for about 2 hours... What are we going to do? How are we going to survive? How are we going to make it through the first month of the Academy and not get paid!!!??? But, alot of that we had to ignore. We had the Cadet meeting tonight, and we really needed to be focused and remember all of our questions and be able to pay attention to the information given to us.

Well, praise God for such a distraction. Not only did it take our minds off of our seemingly impending doom, but it also gave us the answer to all those WHY? questions!

A Cadet's wife got up and spoke to us tonight. She was describing how the weekend ritual of "liberty" goes in her house. How incredibly busy and exhausted and stressed her husband is. And listening to her I received a very different perspective on the coming months that I hadn't seen before. As he pushes through the next few months, (that sound like they are going to be horrendous!) he needs me to be supportive, to focus solely on him, and to take care of everything so he doesn't have to. God really pulled me together, quite suddenly, and I realized I lost my job for a reason. I am not supposed to be working during this whole phase, that's not what He has in store for us. I need to be able to listen and support Drew without any issues from throughout my day getting in the way of that!
I have been very burnt out on my job and the people there for quite a few months now. It was a wonderful blessing at the time I received it, but it has served that purpose and it is now time for me to move on for what God now has for me. Drew and I discussed this alot this evening, and we both feel like this is what needs to happen.

We feel led by God, at peace in His will, and that we agree. However, we are concerned about the pressure we are going to receive, and how on earth we are going to financially stay afloat through to Drew's first full paycheck -- September!

No comments:

Post a Comment