Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CHP ~ Day 2

Today, I went up to Auburn and spent the day with Grandma Mosburg. Grandpa is still recovering from his knee surgery, so I spent the day driving her to Costco and getting some of her grocery shopping out of the way. It was so nice to feel close enough to help her out. They have blessed me so much through love and prayer, it was wonderful to be able to give back to her.

I then was at my parents house for the afternoon, but left because both mommy and I had fallen asleep! When daddy came home for lunch, I had a bit of a downer though. I can put it into perspective...I know him and Matt had a rough day on the job, and that he's tired and working hard. I also was at their house eating their food! However, "How's the fabulous life of the rich and famous? Well, you aren't working, so you much be rich and famous" was not quite what I had in mind when I told my parents about our situation, where we felt God was leading us, and that though they may not agree we could use their prayers and support. I'm not greatly bothered by it, and really not terribly surprised, I'm just realizing that where God wants me is not always obvious to anyone aside from myself.

Drew was able to call again tonight! He sounds great, so I'm ecstatic! It seems that he had yelling and lots of paperwork yesterday, and today was mostly information and introduction to his classes. I called Ed and Sherri to update them...they were happy and so proud and excited for Drew! I'm excited to see how this experience changes Drew and his self worth. I talked to Ed about what my dad said, and he had a good point..."If I could count all the stupid things I've said as a dad..." well, ok that's true. And they both encouraged me to pray for family and friends, that God would show everyone that this IS the place He wants us so that we can receive that positive reinforcement. I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think about it from that perspective! So, now I am not only praying for my parents in general, but now adding the request of a revelation to them and to Ed and Sherri and to all our family so that they will be the encouraging support group I need, as I become the support group that Drew needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment