Monday, July 21, 2008

First Day, Of the Rest of Our Lives!

Today I had to drop Drew off by 7:30am! Not much time to have a very meaningful goodbye!
We got to the Academy at about 7ish, and we started pulling his bag out, and my heart sank. A sudden urge to tell him not to leave me. But I know that through this whole thing I have to be, almost caloused, and not show my feelings in a way that would make him feel like he is needed at home!
I was so nervous driving home. The only way I can explain it, or the only thing I can seem to relate it to, would be like a mom dropping her kid off at camp and not knowing when you'll hear from them, knowing you can't do ANYTHING, and they are on their own. Well, of course I'm aware that he is my husband not my child, and he is a man, but there is still that attachment and that feeling that we are both dependant on one another. Now he's in the hands of people that are certainly not going to be kind, because that's their job. And I cannot be his encouragement, because I haven't a clue if I'll hear from him today or not, and if I do it won't be until the evenings.

So, driving back to Roseville, I was praying!!! I was praying so hard that God would give Drew strength and peace and courage and wisdom. And I just completely emotionally wore myself out, I passed out on my bed when I got home! Praise the Lord for my cousins! I met up with Steph and Jill for lunch and we roamed the mall and a few other stores, and that kept me chipper enough, I was still thinking about him often enough to be praying for him constantly, but I was distracted just enough to not be depressed.
I got to hang out with them for the rest of the evening at their house and remain distracted, which was a blessing. I am so appreciative that we are living up here during this and I have family so close.

By God's grace, Drew was able to call me tonight!!! He called me very late, but we were able to talk for a few minutes. He sounded wonderful! He said he had psych'd himself out so much that the first day was bad, but not as bad as he thought it was going to be! PRAISE GOD! He sounded tired but perky, and therefore, my heart is completely at peace and at ease now. Thank you LORD for this blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment