Friday, July 25, 2008

CHP ~ Day 5

Oh my!!! I was cleaning and doing laundry all day trying to make the apartment PERFECT for Drew...and I left to go get him around 4. There's a Starbuck's a block away from the Academy entrance, so I waited there.

I was SO excited to see him...I parked and sat there, got out of the car and sat in front of Starbucks, it was too hot so i sat in the door of my car and turned the vent on, (I could not sit still) so finally I decided to try and calm down and not think about searching around the parking lot for any car that might have Drew's head in it...and this guy cals me to talk about car/renters insurance through the CHP...ugh, and of course the second the guy calls Drew's roommate pulls up to drop Drew off...I wanted to get out and hug him SO bad, and the guy wouldn't get off the phone "Oh, well everyone else here has gone home for the day, and I stayed late until 6 just to talk to him because I know they will get in trouble if I were to call him at the academy before 6pm, and for me to stay late says alot." Well, cocky jerk, I stayed on the phone with him, Drew got in the car, I told the guy that "My husband just got here and I havenn't been able to say hello to him yet"...and he kept asking me questions, trying to quote me trying to explain what he would sign me up for...FINALLY, after about 10 minutes of sitting there, and establishing that NO he was not going to be able to offer me a better rate than AAA I told him "Look, I haven't seen my husband in a week, he's been sitting next to me for 10 minutes and I haven't been able to hug him yet, so I'm going to go"..."Uh, well can I get your email address and information so I can send you a quote"..."NO, we will call you after we discuss and if we are interested"...OYE!!! Finally, I hugged my husband, never felt so good before!!!
He of course is passed out (the second we got back from eating dinner), on the couch...I'm doing all his laundry so that's out of the way, SO nice having him in the house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment