Wednesday, June 30, 2010

apricot jam

this stuff is the most beautiful jam! and it is hoarded like gold in my family...

my mom has been making this recipe for years...and she does such a good job, everybody knows it as "[her] jam". i made it for the first time last year, and it turned out really well, and started sharing it with Mr. D's side of the family. this year i'm hoping to expand my domestisity and do apricot jam and raspberry pear (which my mom also used to make and it's fantastic!), my grandma taught me to make her family recipe homemade noodles from the mid-west, and my other grandma is going to teach me to make her applesauce in the fall. i'm excited. it is so fun to have goodies like that to share with people...that YOU made! and who would have ever thought I would be capable of that???

well, i bought two boxes of canning apricots the other day and made one batch (which HARDLY) made a dent in them...and i made a double batch today...and i still have a ton left, luckily they are a little green, so i have a few days to let them age before i have to make more! but, so far, i have 19 jars of sealed jam, and one funky jar (that was uneven so it didn't seal properly) that is in the fridge. so, i think i'll be making the rest to fill my mom's jars (since she won't be making any this year)...i have no idea what i'll do with all of that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment