Tuesday, June 29, 2010

an american in paris

can i just say how much i love classic movies...really...they don't make them like they did in hollywoods golden years! i got two movies for my birthday that i have had saved on our dvr for a little over a year now!!!  singing in the rain and an american in paris. gene kelley inspires me. and the gershwin ballet in american in paris with the impressionist paintings is amazing...i watch that movie when i'm in a painting mood, or want to feel inspired to be creative (in any capacity).

i love the classic movies...mainly '50s or older...i love the musicals, particularly if fred astaire or gene kelley are starring. they were masters of their art...defined their own styles...and gene created what was soon known as the "american" musical. the man who danced with normal movements making you feel like you could do what he was doing... makes me wish i knew how to tap dance...also makes me realize i was born in the wrong era!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I had to read the last sentence several times, I thought it said you wish you knew how to LAP dance...not tap dance. I'm tired

    ReplyDelete