Monday, May 31, 2010

memorial day

oh sure...today is the wonderful day of barbeques...of warm sunny weather and the first signs of summer...(well, not here as we've had an unusually cold and wet start to the year)

but today is the day that everyone is supposed to remember our troops, the service they have done for our country, and the sacrifices made by their loved ones.

I know I know...if you know me, I am super patriotic...genes I got from my mom I believe...and if I see someone not following the rules of respect and/or handle a flag ~ I cringe...or if people are talking or wearing hats or not covering their hearts during the national anthem ~ I get antsy to say something...but today EVERYONE is supposed to posses some sense of that pride and respect. regardless of whether you agree with leaders, or laws, or what-have-you...today is a day to pay homage to those who have sacrificed to keep our nation free and to give you those rights to disagree.

I am proud to be an American! Where, at least, I know I am free. And I won't forget the men (and women) who've died to give that right to me! I'll gladly stand up next to you, and defend her still today. Because there is no doubt, I love this land. God bless the USA.

(cheesy? perhaps, but could you say it better?)

Thank you all, from this proud and grateful American!

No comments:

Post a Comment