Friday, September 10, 2010

Day Five...of a new me...

I have been doing very good...I'm so proud of myself.

While dinner has presented an opportunity for me to splurge a bit...my breakfasts have been consisting of any combination of grapefruit, a single slice of multi-grain toast, oat bran cereal, and nectarines. Lunch and periodical snacks: apples, celery, carrots, and nectarines. But, when it comes to dinner, I made a decision to fudge a little and give myself a little flavor and protein. The first night I had some chicken in a tortilla, the second night...well, it was my mom's birthday and we made chicken cordon blue...so I had a piece of that (sauce on the side) and salad (no bread)...the third night, eggs- my husband made himself an egg burrito...and last night a slice of roast beef with some carrots (no potatoes, no gravy). I'm drinking almost exclusively water. And I was craving something sweet that I didn't have to chew yesterday, and found some fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding in the pantry...and poured that into individual containers.

I'm impressed with myself...I've had no chips or crackers...no candy...no soda...no fastfood...hardly any dairy (except on my cereal)...hardly even any juice (except from straight out of the fruit)...

We shall see...they claim you shouldn't monitor your weight EVERY day...but I checked yesterday morning...down four pounds...so, if we can keep that rate up...I'll be very happy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!! Four pounds is great! You have totally inspired me, and I SO needed to read this today. Thanks! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! Go Megs I am so proud of you :)
    I also wanted to comment to say thank you for your comment on my blog! I know you feel my pain and I have been praying for you guys. I know that God is there but sometimes we don't feel it and I want to so bad. I am just tired of fighting for life!! I don't have FB right now so I came on here to write back! It was so encouraging to hear from you I <3 you!!!

    ReplyDelete