Saturday, January 17, 2015

New Me - first week down...time to get serious!

Well... A week ago on Wedesday, I had a shopping trip - purchased lean proteins, veggies, a couple healthy "snack" items, and juice...lots of juice...

The next day, it started.  I downloaded the app My Fitness Pal on my iPhone almost a year ago, so I started using that again.  I use it to log all intake, and my favorite part is the nutrition information it kicks backs to you.  It also let's you know an approximation of what you will weigh in 5 weeks if you keep eating the way you did that day.  You can also have it track how many steps you take and log excercise, and it will show calories burned.  

I highly recommend it, you can input goals - such as goal weight, how many lbs to lose per week, etc... Here's my chart at this point:



So, it's definitely helping!!!

I also started a "diet" last Thursday...which is technically just healthier/cleaner eating.  I cut out most, if not all carbs (aside from fruit) - if I have bread or pasta it is whole grain.  I also hardly eat vegetables, so that was an instant change as well.  Dairy is also a "little-to-none" item on the menu.  My cherry coke a day habit also ended during those three days...woo hoo!

So!  I did this, and only this, for three days, and a week ago today, I did a cleanse.  It was modified...for me and our finances...but still.  I bought three flavors of Naked juice at Costco.  (Yes, I know, it's sugary, questionable on the "all natural", etc... It's still better than my previous daily diet).  I had Blue Machine juice for breakfast, Mama Chia squeeze for snack, Veggie Berry for lunch (with a string cheese the last two days cause I was feeling like I was going to pass out), and Green Machine for dinner with a baked chicken breast or egg whites.  I did this for 2 1/2 days (aimed for 3), I ate more food for dinner the third night because I was becoming beyond irritable and angry.  Tuesday of this last week I resumed the regular "diet", lots of water drinking, tracking food, etc

As of yesterday, I had lost 1.3lbs since I first weighed myself (about 5 days).  I likely had lost a little before I first weighed myself, my scale wasn't working when I started this whole thing...but, I know, a handful of months ago I was another 3.8lbs heavier than my "first weigh in", so I'm encouraged!

Workout!!!  Started officially today.  I started the P90X "lean" program, so today was Core Synergistics.  We will see what happens - I may switch to the P90X 3...I have a toddler, I'm a stay-at-home-mom, I babysit a friends daughter during the week...so, 30 minute workouts would be wonderful as opposed to 45-120 minutes...

We will see!!!  

Goal - 
December 2015
Down to 150 lbs (140 would be amazing!)
Fit into a size 8 (size 6 would be wonderful)

Current -
204.9 lbs
Size 14


No comments:

Post a Comment